Equality, Diversity and Inclusion for All Staff
This introductory course provides all your staff with compliance-level training, covering the fundamentals of equality, diversity and inclusion legislation and the Equality Act 2010.
All public authorities must comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty by law. This is also true of any organisation that carries out public functions or services – whether you’re in the public, private or charitable sectors.
More and more private sector companies too are targeting compliance with the Equality Act: looking to reflect their engagement with the diversity and inclusion agenda, and the business benefits that diversity can bring.
Specialists in bespoke e-learning on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
We’ll collaborate with you to design an equality and diversity elearning module that really resonates with your target audiences. Course length, where the module is hosted, and how your learners are assessed are all up to you.
Components included in your diversity e-learning course may include, but not be limited to:
- The Equality Act 2010 and the legal context
- The Public Sector Equality Duty: key concepts
- The General and Specific Duties
- Protected characteristics
- Defining discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Your roles and responsibilities.
Actor-based scenario content for leading-edge e-learning
Our e-learning design includes the option to feature acted workplace scenarios in the form of videos. These thought-provoking short films drive the key themes and messages home, increasing learner engagement and course impact. We can use either our existing filmed scenarios or create bespoke scripted content to make them more specific to your unique diversity challenges.
Diverse groups outperform homogeneous ones by 58% in team assessments
Teams with more than one member who represent your target customers are up to 158% more likely to understand their needs
Start co-designing your diversity e-learning today.
Change-making not box-ticking – diversity elearning with practical outcomes
We’re experts in experiential and actor-based elearning, guiding your staff through real-life scenarios that will resonate with their day jobs. Our diversity elearning modules use a range of specially created video and audio content. Made bespoke to you, this content deepens staff understanding of the subtleties of diversity, inclusion and unconscious bias in the workplace.
Our elearning courses are comprehensive in their coverage of equality law and diversity principles. We take a cross-cultural approach to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our training. We take into account all strands of diversity and tailor the elearning to your challenges and strategic goals.
Learners who complete our All-Staff Equality, Diversity and Inclusion elearning will gain the skills needed to:
- Understand the external context of equality, diversity and inclusion, including the legal, business and ethical imperatives
- Present the business case for diversity at your organisation
- Clearly articulate your company’s commitment, and their own commitment as staff, to diversity best practice at work
- Understand the implications of the Social Value Act 2012 on procurement/commissioning (if applicable)
- Champion diversity best practice, and regularly engage their colleagues in the support available to them, particularly around the Public Sector Equality Duty
- Be aware of the areas of your organisational culture that help to promote diversity, and how your policies, procedures and future strategies can enable and support best practice for managers, staff and suppliers
- Feel clear about the aspects of their day-to-day decision-making that may be prone to unconscious bias.
Why e-learning for your equality and diversity training?
We know companies are always on the lookout for smarter, greener and more cost-effective ways of training their staff. Our diversity elearning packages offer the means to develop skills with unbeatable flexibility and value for money. Each stand-alone module will be designed to reflect your own visual identity, with company logos and corporate colours.
Our courses will also:
- Appeal to all learning styles, across multiple platforms (including tablets and smartphones)
- Bring case studies and scenarios to life with our actor-based video content
- Use a range of interactive tasks and quizzes to engage your learners and help them recall what they’ve learned
- Provide clear signposting to further reading and resources on the subject
- Offer consistency of message to all your learners.
EW Group has a proven track record over the past 25 years of delivering diversity and unconscious bias training programmes to the public, private and third sectors. Our recent elearning clients include Harvey Nash, Highways England, the CQC, the NHS, the BBC, the British Institute of Human Rights, Crossrail, Mansell/Balfour Beatty and the Law Society of Scotland.
We’re specialists in the field, working across all types of difference and not limited to protected characteristics. Developing cultural intelligence and awareness of unconscious bias underpins all of our equality, diversity and inclusion e-learning courses. We emphasise your existing areas of good practice, before looking to build on it in proactive, practical ways.
Ready to get started with your diversity e-learning?
How can we measure the impact of the diversity elearning programme?
You can choose to host your diversity e-learning on our own dedicated learner management system, or take delivery of SCORM-compliant files to manage the programme yourselves.
Hosting your e-learning with us means we’ll be able to generate detailed reports for you on delegate engagement, plus segmented analysis of any assessment elements to gauge levels of understanding.