Unconscious Bias for Managers (On-Demand)
Get instant access to our Unconscious Bias e-learning for managers
Unconscious bias e-learning for managers – online and on-demand
Launched in March 2017, our Introduction to Unconscious Bias elearning is an on-demand training solution for managers looking to boost their skills and confidence around unconscious bias in the workplace. At just £20 (+ VAT) per person, it offers fantastic value for money if you’re a time-pressured manager looking to stay up to speed with the latest diversity best practice.
Who is this unconscious bias elearning for?
We designed this Introduction to Unconscious Bias with first-line and mid-level managers in mind. You may have already received mandatory training in equality, diversity and inclusion, online or in-person.
Now you’re looking to expand your specific knowledge around unconscious bias, its adverse impact when it comes to decision-making and people management, and what you as a manager can practically do to overcome it. The learning is relevant to managers around the world, not just in the UK.
The course is available immediately. Simply register on our e-learning platform, select the course from our online Catalogue, complete payment with your credit/debit card or PayPal, and we’ll email your log-in details over straight away.
Start your Introduction to Unconscious Bias e-learning
By the end of the elearning, you’ll be able to:
- Describe different types of unconscious bias, both from an individual and an organisational perspective
- Understand how various sources of influence can prompt biased behaviour
- Identify and articulate how unconscious bias can impact on decision-making at a number of stages of the employee journey
- Understand the concept of ‘in- and out-groups’ and how this affects team culture and performance
- Describe how the notion of trust can affect your people preferences, and how to practically overcome this.
Our online training isn’t just limited to unconscious bias as a concept or a science. Instead, it looks at the everyday context and realities of bias: where it comes from, how it affects us all, and what practical actions you can take towards best practice. We want to take you beyond the basics of unconscious bias training and get right to the heart of the matter, namely how it might affect you and your organisation.
To do so, we’ve created a series of unconscious bias training videos. Each video features our acting team, making the learning as true-to-life, insightful and memorable as possible.
The course should take around 30-40 minutes to complete. You can finish the course all in one go, or come and go as you please: your progress will be saved for next time you log in.
What to expect
We’ve packed a wide range of content into our elearning to keep our Introduction to Unconscious Bias as engaging and immersive as possible. Here’s a glimpse of what’s included:
- Instant access to powerful introductory unconscious bias training for managers
- A brand-new learning experience on your computer, tablet or mobile
- A creative, positive and practical approach to addressing unconscious bias in the workplace
- Real-life actor-based unconscious bias training videos, plus key questions and feedback
- A blend of clear visuals, interactive exercises and thought-provoking puzzles
- The chance to reflect on how unconscious bias may be affecting your organisation, and how to fix it
- A final unconscious bias course test to gauge your learning
- A printable Certificate of Completion for passing the course assessment.
Register now to get started
The e-learning features guidance, and interactive exercises on the following themes. You’ll also learn practical tools and techniques that you can take away and apply immediately to your day-to-day role as a manager.
- The theory and reality of unconscious bias
- Types of unconscious bias: key definitions
- Unconscious bias in recruitment and selection
- Unconscious bias in interviews
- Unconscious bias in performance management
- Unconscious bias in talent management
- The impact of unconscious bias: on talent attraction and retention, on employee engagement, and on company reputation.
Start your on-demand Unconscious Bias e-learning today
Not ready yet? Get in touch for a free demo.
£20 (+ VAT) per person for 3 months’ access.
We can take payment online by credit/debit card or via PayPal. For multiple orders (for staff teams or business units, for example). please contact us.
All intellectual property rights in all materials, documents, products, course content, bespoke source code and other deliverables which form part of the service deliverables shall remain with the EW Group or its licensors. For more details, please visit our Terms and Privacy page.
Get your 3-month access to our unconscious bias e-learning
85% of the world’s CEOs say a clear diversity and inclusion strategy leads to increased performance
Your most engaged employees perform 20% better and are 87% less likely to leave your organisation