Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
EW Group have been a leading diversity training provider for 25 years. We can engage and up-skill your staff, managers and senior leaders in equality, diversity and inclusion. We’re big believers in experiential learning, and regularly use our team of actors to create memorable courses with measurable impact.
The business case for diversity is a strong one, whatever sector you’re in. Companies of all shapes and sizes are looking to take a lead on diversity so that they can get the best out of diverse staff teams, and deliver world-class services to an ever more diverse customer base.
Looking for equality, diversity and inclusion training?
Teams with high levels of diversity and inclusion outperform their peers by 80%
Your most engaged employees perform 20% better and are 87% less likely to leave your organisation
Specialists in bespoke training on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
We are experts in the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty, which all public authorities must comply with by law. This is also true of any organisation that carries out public functions or services – whether you’re in the public, private or charitable sectors. More and more private sector companies too are targeting compliance with the Equality Act: looking to reflect their engagement with the diversity and inclusion agenda, and the business benefits that diversity can bring.
All our diversity and inclusion training courses are comprehensive in their coverage of equality law and diversity principles. We take a cross-cultural approach to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our training. We account for all the strands of diversity and tailor our training to your challenges and strategic goals.
Our diversity consultants can also create more specialised training programmes to explore certain themes in more depth, such as Equality Impact Assessment and Reasonable Adjustments.
Equality and diversity training – a sample course outline
The core components of our all-staff equality, diversity and inclusion course include:
- The business case for equality, diversity and inclusion in your organisation
- The Public Sector Equality Duty – case studies and scenarios
- The Equality Act 2010 – the protected characteristics
- Bullying and harassment
- Cultural intelligence and working with social/cultural difference
- Reasonable adjustments
- Equality of opportunity and positive action
- Recognising unconscious bias in yourself and others
- Working inclusively in teams
- Managing equality and diversity at work
- Responding to change
- Effective mitigation tools
- Recognising and challenging unwanted or unlawful behaviours.
Talk to us about your specific training needs.
Your needs, our expertise – our collaborative approach to diversity training design
Our experience shows us that the most effective equality and diversity training courses are tailor-made to reflect the culture and values of the organisation we’re working with. We want to understand your business, your culture and your challenges. This tailoring takes into account current levels of knowledge and understanding, existing good practice, and your current and future challenges. To ensure maximum impact, our diversity consultants will usually start with a thorough training needs analysis, including:
- An inception meeting to agree success criteria for the training
- Reading your related policies, documentation and guidance
- Reviewing your existing training materials, plus current frameworks and/or findings of previous evaluations
- Telephone interviews with a sample of staff/managers/senior leaders to understand roles and challenges.
Change-making not box-ticking – diversity training driven by outcomes
Designed with your priorities in mind, our training courses will empower and enthuse your delegates to:
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to and shared understanding of diversity at work
- Work more effectively with social and cultural difference in their teams
- Understand their responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty
- Articulate the strong business case for diversity
- Recognise the impact of unconscious bias, and its implications in all the work they do
- Challenge instances of bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Identify and build on areas of current good practice
- Develop practical approaches to workplace inclusion, including tools, strategies and action plans.
Ready to get started?
Teams with more than one member who represent your target customers are up to 158% more likely to understand their needs
Diverse organisations are 45% more likely to improve their market share