ILM Level 7
Our latest ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management programme starts on 7th March, in London.
Sharpen your skills in strategic leadership and executive management alongside senior leaders from a range of business sectors.
We are an Institute of Leadership and Management Approved Centre. We run a number of ILM Level 7 accredited training courses in central London every year.
Our entire ILM Level 7 programme is designed to support you in developing the skills you need to be a confident and effective leader at the highest level.
Who should attend?
This is our senior leadership programme for executive or operational managers across all sectors.
What makes this programme different?
We built our ILM Level 7 qualification from scratch. We named it the Appledore Leadership Programme after the village in Kent where it was created.
The six-month course is a unique opportunity to develop your leadership ability in a blended, dynamic way: through master classes, facilitated workshops and group learning, workplace site visits, external leadership speakers, executive coaching. and leadership networking.
During the programme you’ll explore leadership techniques, ethics, vision and strategy, as well as a range of leadership theories and frameworks that you can apply immediately to your role.
By joining this senior leadership programme, you will:
- Achieve a recognised ILM Leadership and Management qualification in six months.
- Learn in small groups with business leaders from other sectors.
- Apply leadership theory in practice through a special site visit.
- Listen to inspiring leadership stories from an array of guest speakers.
- Receive one-to-one executive coaching specific to your leadership challenges.
Request an ILM Level 7 Certificate course brochure.
Who will I be working with?
You’ll be part of a small group of senior managers taken from across the public, private and charitable sectors. Over a six-month period you’ll work together to develop your leadership style and approach. Our course blends leadership theory with an analysis of how to practically apply leadership models and frameworks in the workplace.
The mix of delegates is the key to the success of the course and we give great consideration to getting the balance right. The result is always a uniquely supportive experience for delegates and entry into a long-lasting, collegiate professional network.
How much does it cost?
Our ILM Level 7 Certificate course is priced at £3,500 + VAT.
Early-bird offer: register by 31st January 2017 and choose between:
- A £700 (20%) discount on your course fees
- An EW Group introduction to a senior business leader in your sector.
We also offer attractive discounts for charitable and not-for-profit organisations.
Our next ILM Level 7 Certificate course will run from March to July 2017, starting on 7th March, in London.
Get your enrolment rolling.
Culturally intelligent leaders are 3.5 times more likely to get the full potential out of their staff
Companies with at least 30% of women in leadership or executive positions adds 6% to net profit margin
ILM Level 7 Certificate course outline – The Appledore Leadership Programme
This six-month leadership and management programme comprises:
- Pre-course reading and phone conversation with your programme leader (time commitment: 5 hours)
- 4 x Senior Leadership Master Classes – full-day sessions with special guest speakers on Leadership, Organisational Culture, Strategy and Vision (time: 7 hours per master class)
- 3 x Executive Coaching Sessions – one-to-one coaching calls via telephone or video call (time: 1.5 hours per session)
- 3 x Action Learning Sets – facilitated working groups with your fellow leaders (time: 4 hours per ALS)
- Workplace-related ILM Level 7 final assignment with dedicated EW Group support.
Estimated minimum time commitment: 30 hours (not including final assignment).
On completing the leadership programme, you will receive:
- Accreditation by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM Level 7 Certificate)
- Your ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- An invitation to join the Appledore Leaders Alumni Network
- A six-month ILM membership, including access to ILM development resources and networking opportunities.
The proof that investing in the ILM Level 7 Certificate really works
We have congratulated several of our ILM Level 7 alumni on gaining new leadership roles. Here are a few recent examples:
- Nicola Steuer is the new London Director of the School for Social Entrepreneurs
- Manjinder Purewal is now Chief Executive of Warwickshire and West Mercia Community Rehabilitation Company
- Ian Humphreys is the new Chief Executive of The College of Optometrists.
ILM Level 7 guest speakers – the power of personal leadership stories
Our guest speakers are leaders in their field. Their candid, personal leadership stories will help put your learning into context.
Our latest guest leadership speakers:
Board Chair of NHS Stockport CCG
Jane is the Head of Executive Education at the Manchester Business School, and Board Chair of NHS Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group. One of the over 900 organisations that make up the NHS, Stockport CCG handles a transformation budget of £500 million.
Sarah Weir OBE
Executive Producer at the Roundhouse
Sarah Weir is one of the UK’s most acclaimed cultural entrepreneurs and played a major role in London’s winning bid for the 2012 Olympics. She was previously the first female MD at insurance brokers Lloyd’s of London. Sarah then moved into the arts, where her roles have included Fundraising Director at the Royal Academy, Executive Director at the Arts Council, and Head of Arts and Cultural Strategy at the Olympic Delivery Authority.
Founder of Quirk Solutions
Chris Paton is a former Lieutenant Colonel in the Royal Marines where he was responsible for advising on Afghan Strategy and plans to the Cabinet Office and National Security Council. He saw active service in a wide range of places including Northern Ireland, Kosovo, Georgia, and Afghanistan. Chris has since founded Quirk Solutions and specialises in working with public and private companies to stress-test their strategic plans.
Our previous ILM Level 7 guest speakers have included:
- Scott Beaumont, Managing Director at Google
- Sarah Hicks, Managing Director (Digital Banking) at Santander
- Mariita Eager, Head of Change Programmes at the BBC
- Annette Hennessy OBE, Chief Executive of Merseyside CRC
- Sue Browning, CEO at the Spinal Injuries Association
- Mark Reid, Head of Education at the BFI
- Jess Kuller, Senior Vice President HR at Genworth
- Gilane Tawadros, Chief Executive at DACS
- Elaine Bailey, Managing Director at Serco
- David Cash, Chair of BDP
- Jamie Waller, Chief Executive of JBW Group
- Maurice Wren, Chief Executive at the Refugee Council
- Deborah Cadman OBE, Chief Executive of Suffolk County Council.
Your ILM Level 7 Certificate course leader
Dr Annie Hedge – Leadership, talent development and equalities expert
Annie co-founded EW Group in 1992. She has over 20 years of experience in delivering consultancy and training across the public, private and charitable sectors. A specialist in leadership theory and application, she regularly coaches senior executives to develop their management approach.
Annie has recently facilitated leadership development sessions at Santander, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and Genworth Financial. She has delivered development programmes for the BBC, Macmillan Cancer Support, Invensys and Royal Holloway University, among others. Annie is also the lead consultant on our work with the NHS, and produced their Equality and Diversity Leadership Competency Framework.
Annie is a member of the Harvard Institute of Coaching, the ILM, and the CIPD. Annie is also a Member of the London Central Employment Tribunals, and a trustee of the Citizen’s Advice Bureau and the charity Rights of Women. She holds a PhD in Organisational Psychology (on the discourse of equalities) and an ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching.
Any questions about the ILM Level 7 Certificate course?
About the Institute of Leadership and Management
ILM offers a wide range of qualifications covering all aspects of leadership and management, along with specialist programmes in coaching and mentoring, HR and enterprise. Last year 90,000 people registered for an ILM qualification, gaining the crucial skills and knowledge to improve their performance at work.
ILM offers qualifications that deliver key skills where they are needed most: directly in the workplace. Because they understand that every organisation is different, their qualifications are designed to provide maximum choice by enabling individuals and employers to select the subject, level, size and type of programme to suit their specific development needs.
EW Group also offer ILM qualifications at the following levels:
- ILM Level 4 Award in Managing Equality and Diversity in an Organisation
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management.