Our Equality Impact Assessment training was tailor-made for specific Defra staff groups.
In collaboration with Defra, we designed a series of EIA training workshops for staff responsible for policy changes, projects and programming. As well as delegates from the core business, the course targeted staff from Defra’s Executive Agencies as well.
Together the workshops enabled Defra staff to:
- Understand the minimum standards for Equality Impact Assessments at Defra
- Establish the business case for carrying out an Equality Impact Assessment
- Explain key terminology relating to discrimination and impact assessments
- Explain the key steps to carrying out a full EIA
- Understand the connection to Defra policy-making and its project quality assurance process.