- Growth in a changing world
- Continuing to increase market share
- Supporting exceptional customer relationships
- Building a more engaged and productive workforce.
We worked in partnership with Invensys to detail their specific business case for diversity.
The primary business driver at Invensys is recruiting and retaining the best engineering talent globally. Our in-depth analysis of the company’s workforce development practices enabled them to address under-representation across their management and technical teams.
We started with an internal document review, followed by wider sector research into recruitment trends in STEM industries. We also conducted consultation interviews with key individuals across the HR, talent and organisational development teams, as well as business, regional and functional leaders.
Our subsequent report – detailing the specific business drivers for diversity at Invensys – was then fed into the group’s own Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. We built our recommendations around the priority areas listed above.
We then gave Invensys a set of practical actions to harness the workforce diversity at their disposal.
We worked in collaboration with Invensys senior leaders to identify ways in which these business drivers could be best translated into actionable, measurable ways of leveraging diversity across the whole business.
This included advising on:
- The development of the Employee Value Proposition
- Adjusting existing HR policies
- Diversity-proofing the Invensys global talent pipeline, particularly addressing barriers to entry to attract, recruit and retain the best female talent
- Assessing labour needs to promote a wide range of career opportunities to under-represented groups
- Developing a talent management framework that can be adapted and applied to business groups across the company.