Creating workplaces that actively promote wellbeing
Our one-hour ‘lunch and learn’ course has been specially designed to support managers in businesses of all sizes – from SMEs to larger corporates – seeking to build a culture of workplace wellbeing. As managers, we always want to get the best out of our teams and allow our people to reach their full potential. This means we need to create workplaces that actively promote wellbeing and mental health awareness.
Addressing workplace wellbeing increases productivity by up to 12%
Return on Investment
Businesses that invest in mental health interventions report an average £4.20 return for each pound spent
Embrace workplace wellbeing
Inclusive workplaces embrace the need for workplace wellbeing and do what they can to support the mental health of their employees. Poor mental health, on the other hand, often leads to absenteeism, presenteeism or under-performance, so we need to be confident and competent as people managers in addressing a wide range of mental health issues.
This course will equip your managers with the knowledge, tools and confidence to support workplace wellbeing for their teams. At the end of the one-hour training course they will be:
- Better equipped with the understanding, confidence and tools to promote mental health awareness, and to prevent mental ill-health caused or worsened by work
- More able to support individuals with mental health problems to thrive within your business
- More aware of how to access help and resources to reduce sickness absence caused by mental ill-health.
What does this one-hour Workplace Wellbeing for Managers training course cover?
- What is mental health?
- How does mental health affect staff and business?
- Why is good mental health important?
- Busting mental health myths and overview of common mental health conditions
- The HSE’s Management Standards to promote mental health
- How to support staff with a mental health condition, including managing return to work
- Action planning – putting learning into action.
Dive deeper into diversity, equity and inclusion
Check out our range of posts, resources and thought leadership on EDI at work.
In this blog we discuss the importance of dignity and respect in the workplace and how to demonstrate it. Demonstrating…
In this episode, Rachael Wilson is joined by Lateesha Osbourne to discuss her pHD research into black students’ sense of…