Sign up for our newsletter
Subscribe for access to leading-edge diversity practice, opinion, insight and exclusive event invites.
Cultural differences can cause friction in any business – not just those operating overseas – meaning unconscious biases are not challenged, diversity and inclusion progress is impacted, and the ability of diverse teams to work and thrive together is reduced.
With cultural adaptability training from EW Group, you can make sure that staff across all levels of your business are aware of cross-cultural differences and able to work with people and organisations from all cultures and backgrounds.
Our half-day workshop focuses on ensuring participants understand the impact of different cultural norms and how to address these effectively.
The highly interactive session will give your delegates the opportunity to recognise and reflect on where cultural differences influence working patterns and relationships, and how they can plan to deal with these effectively.
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
Cultural adaptation is crucial for all modern businesses, especially those that are working to improve equality, diversity and inclusion. Workforces are increasingly diverse, and business horizons are increasingly global, especially as remote working becomes normalised. That means more companies than ever are encountering or comprised of different business and social cultures.
One person’s cultural norm can be another’s source of stress, however, which can affect how we provide and receive feedback, resolve conflict, who we respect, and how decisions are made. This is especially true during periods of change – whether that is during organisational restructure, mergers or simply a change of reporting lines.
Additionally, poor cultural adaptability can impact how a business interacts with its customers. Sales materials, online content, pitches, meetings, products, and services can all be affected by the individuals that create them,
For more information on the importance of cultural adaptability in your organisation, view our guide:
EW Group’s cultural adaptability half-day training workshop is suitable for anyone working in a global or international business, or for groups of colleagues working across borders or from different cultural backgrounds. It offers a wide range of benefits:
– Supports colleagues in recognising, understanding, and working effectively within a range of contexts where there are different cultural norms
– Prevents relationship and project breakdown due to cultural clashes that negatively affect productivity, profit, and employees’ experiences of work
– Encourages thinking and practices which facilitate teamwork and drive performance across diverse, globalised teams in geographically dispersed locations
– Improves the ability of business to expand into globalised markets
– Allows culturally diverse customer support
– Builds knowledge and relationships, helping solutions to be found quickly and effectively
– Develops an organisation’s reputation as an international employer of choice, aiding recruitment and retention.