Inclusive recruitment is a core skill for managers. Their ability to recruit and select talent in an inclusive way has a direct impact on the quality and diversity of your talent. Your managers need to understand the nuances of recruiting for cultural fit to positively impact employee engagement and retention. Successful hiring managers can build diverse teams who have enhanced abilities to be creative and innovative at work.
Next taking place 13th and 14th September 2021. Last few places remaining. Book your place.
This course is ideal for
• HR teams
• Any staff with recruitment responsibilities
What’s covered in our Inclusive Recruitment course
Our online Inclusive Recruitment training course has five key elements:
1. The legal context and effective recruitment preparation to reach the widest talent pool
2. Language use: writing job descriptions, person specifications and selection criteria
3. Sifting and shortlisting candidates fairly and without bias
4. The interview: a live online exercise in which delegates can practice inclusive interview
5. Job offer and salary negotiation: post-interview considerations
Your recruiting managers can expect
• Fast-paced, engaging and upbeat delivery
• A set of practical tools to take away and apply proactively to their day-to-day work
• Exercises and facilitation that reinforce the business benefits of responding correctly to unfair and unwanted bias
Your managers leave with
• A comprehensive understanding of the types of unconscious bias, and their impact on the recruitment process
• Awareness of the power of assumption, association and preference
• Appreciation of what drives ideas of cultural ‘fit’ in an organisation
• The practical tools they need to design person specifications and selection
criteria that are fair, clear and avoid adverse impact
• Greater confidence in managing their own bias in interviews or decision making
• The ability to identify unconscious bias in others and challenge it
• An understanding of the legal essentials on recruitment selection, plus recent findings from research into bias and its effects
£650 + VAT including lunch and all course materials.
15% discount for non-profits, charities and NHS organisations.