Cross-cultural training for businesses
Cultural differences can cause friction in any business – not just those operating overseas – meaning unconscious biases are not challenged, diversity and inclusion progress is impacted, and the ability of diverse teams to work and thrive together is reduced. With cultural adaptability training from EW Group, you can make sure that staff across all levels of your business are aware of cross-cultural differences, and able to work with people and organizations from all cultures and backgrounds.
Culturally intelligent leaders are 3.5 times more likely to get the full potential out of their staff
Performance versus Diversity
Teams with high levels of diversity and inclusion outperform their peers by 80%
Work inclusively across cultures
What does cultural adaptability training cover?
Our half-day workshop focuses on ensuring participants understand the impact of different cultural norms and how to address these effectively. The highly interactive session will give your delegates the opportunity to recognize and reflect on where cultural differences influence working patterns and relationships, and how they can plan to deal with these effectively.
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand and build knowledge around a range of cultural norms
- Build capability in communicating effectively in different styles and approaches
- Ensure that teams are working inclusively across cultures.
The importance of cultural adaptation
Cultural adaptation is crucial for all modern businesses, especially those that are working to improve equality, diversity and inclusion. Workforces are increasingly diverse, and business horizons are increasingly global, especially as remote working becomes normalized. That means more companies than ever are encountering or comprised of different business and social cultures.
One person’s cultural norm can be another’s source of stress, however, which can affect how we provide and receive feedback, resolve conflict, who we respect, and how decisions are made. This is especially true during periods of change – whether that is during organizational restructure, mergers or simply a change of reporting lines. Additionally, poor cultural adaptability can impact how a business interacts with its customers. Sales materials, online content, pitches, meetings, products, and services can all be affected by the individuals that create them.
Read our guide on the importance of cultural adaptability in your organization: How to adapt communication for cultural differences.
The benefits of cross-cultural training
Our cultural adaptability training is suitable for anyone working in a global or international business, or for groups of colleagues working across borders or from different cultural backgrounds. It offers a wide range of benefits:
- Supports colleagues in recognizing, understanding, and working effectively within a range of contexts where there are different cultural norms
- Prevents relationship and project breakdown due to cultural clashes that negatively affect productivity, profit, and employees’ experiences of work
- Encourages thinking and practices, which facilitate teamwork and drive performance across diverse, globalized teams in geographically dispersed locations
- Improves the ability of business to expand into globalized markets
- Allows culturally diverse customer support
- Builds knowledge and relationships, helping solutions to be found quickly and effectively
- Develops an organization’s reputation as an international employer of choice, aiding recruitment and retention
What our clients say
Dive deeper into diversity, equity and inclusion
Check out our range of posts, resources and thought leadership on EDI at work.
Non-Inclusive Language and Why it’s a Barrier to Inclusivity at Work
Teresa Norman discusses the importance of inclusive language in the workplace and explores three key areas of non-inclusive language use.
Dismantling Power Structures All Year, Not Just on International Women’s Day
Nana Umoh is joined by Pamela Jones to discuss the significance of International Women's Day and how organizations can better…
The Walt Disney Company
EW Group is delighted to have been working with the The Walt Disney Company since January 2021. We recently developed…