We designed an inclusive leadership program for this global bank’s top 1,200 UK managers
Santander wanted to embed good practice in diversity across its 25,000-strong UK workforce. Its senior leaders called on EW Group to equip their top 1,200 managers with a shared appreciation of the commercial impact and reward of getting diversity right. They wanted an inclusive leadership training program that also stayed true to the bank’s own values: ‘Simple, Fair and Personal’.
Our bespoke inclusive leadership training was built around the Santander brand.
To bring about the desired level of culture change, our program design focused on:
- Increasing managers’ awareness and understanding of how harnessing diversity will enhance business performance and reputation
- Developing high levels of cultural adaptability, and the tools necessary to build high-performing inclusive teams
Incorporating ‘Simple, Fair and Personal’, we designed a half-day training workshop using Santander case studies. These included recent examples from the bank’s own promotional marketing and advertising campaigns. Together they served as a useful starting point for group discussions on the topic of inclusive leadership.
97% of Santander managers liked our training style.
Our training and facilitation team delivered 80 half-day sessions over two years at Santander offices across the UK. Participants were especially responsive to the custom-built nature of the leadership program:
- 97% were pleased with the overall style of the training
- 95% thought the course content would be useful when applied to their day-to-day work
- 93% found the pace of the course stimulating.
“EW Group deliver with style, personality and impact.”
Richard O’Flynn, Talent and Leadership Development Director at Santander