Unconscious bias in recruitment and selection training – what to expect
Our one-day unconscious bias in recruitment and selection training course has four key elements:
- Legal context, company procedure and effective recruitment preparation
- Sifting and shortlisting candidates fairly and without bias
- The Live Interview: unconscious bias in interviewing and decision making
- Post-interview considerations.
Your recruiting managers can expect:
- Fast-paced, engaging and upbeat delivery
- A set of practical tools to take away and apply proactively to their day-to-day work
- Exercises and facilitation that reinforce the business benefits of responding correctly to unfair and unwanted bias.
Your managers will leave with:
- A comprehensive understanding of the types of unconscious bias, and their impact on the recruitment process
- Awareness of the power of assumption, association and preference
- Appreciation what drives ideas of cultural ‘fit’ in an organisation
- The practical tools they need to design person specifications and selection criteria that are fair, clear and avoid adverse impact
- Greater confidence in managing their own bias in interviews or decision-making
- The ability to identify unconscious bias in others and challenge it
- An understanding of the legal essentials on recruitment and selection, plus recent findings from research into bias and its effects.